Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Drone Citizen








Drone Citizen (2015)



I toiled for meager wages
For two decade and a half
Finally the blindness took me in
Didn't realize what they've done to my head
Spread disease and laid the blame with me

Your health will be secure, the manager then said
As I ate his lies, destitute and dumb
In agony I pray to a god who is never there
Save the broken shell that I've become

All the drones toil on in the burning sun
The privileged classes look away
Our effort is led on by their pointed guns
Our only real escape from this is death

A decade has passed since machines could think alone
They'd help mankind, their makers proudly said
I shake and shiver in my cold fluorescent home
The room is bare, my savings growing thin

Classified for life as the ones who will die
Working for the privilege of the few
We're desensitized, pupils dyed pure white
Sleep dreamless, conquered by the truth

I listen to the rain and the telecast machine
The agents talk of wars in distant lands
I weep for the end of my family's proud tree
Sterilized, by the higher classes hand

Swept away in pain, I am trembling
Wishing for my consciousness to cease
Shattered dreams all die, hope is crucified
Emotions numbed, yet I remember grief






No comments:

Post a Comment