Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Clementine





Clementine (2017)

In the burning red dreams of a summer haze
My mind was clearly in a daze
I found you so pretty and so fine
Please be mine forever Clementine

We went to England in July
Stars forever lit our flight
Beckoning what dreams may die
I'll hold you with all my might

In the ballroom you would rise and shine
As the music sang its rhyme
Glorious and so divine
Your beauty transcends time

The shots from out in the rain
Grabbed your shoulder you felt no pain
Then you were silent misaligned
In the chaos we both went blind

A long night of shivering fears
You were clinging to life like a tear
All hopes were dashed and died
Two nights gone you're no longer alive

In my mourning I will feel no might
No more love will be in my sight
I'll come visit your grave each time
If you stay mine forever Clementine


No comments:

Post a Comment